It is quite a common practice to have some sort of religious ceremonies when a person buys something big and relevant to their life. Buying a vehicle or house are two such common occurrences. While there is nothing wrong with having such religious ceremonies, they can only protect your assets to some extent. There are a lot of potentially hazardous incidents that can take place and putting all of your trust on ceremonies might not be the best bet.
What you need, is an additional safety net, for the times if something goes wrong. The simple rationale is that these assets pose a lot of financial risks. And should something unfortunate strike, you will end up paying a lot of money from your own pockets. Is there a way to keep yourself secure from such financially demanding situations?
Yes, a general insurance is the solution. A general insurance is a smartly curated plan for all the non-life related assets and occurrences in life. There are a lot of other things that we value in our life apart from life itself. These include our health, house, vehicles, travel ventures etc. All of them carry a lot of sentimental value and potential financial risks as well. A general insurance offers coverage for all of them.
Some of the most common perils that these assets are exposed to include fire, storm, flood, earthquake, landslides, accidents, theft, etc. Having a general insurance will ensure that you are safe from all these incidents and that you do not end up paying money from your pockets.
There are different ways by which you can buy a general insurance. Two most popular ones include online and offline purchases. Offline purchases follow the traditional mode where you can reach out to insurance agents or directly visit a branch office.
Buying a general insurance online comes with a host of convenience features. For starters, you need not visit any branches or speak with insurance agents. Secondly, you have the option of buying a policy whenever and wherever you wish to as long as you have the required information and documents.
To buy a general insurance online, you can use the following steps:
- Visit the website of an insurer from which you wish to buy the policy.
- Traverse to the actual policy that you want to buy. General insurance is available in different flavours such as:
- Home Insurance
- Travel Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Motor Insurance
- Rural Insurance
- Commercial Insurance
- Marine Insurance
- Depending on your insurer, you can either ask for a quote, explore a product or directly renew a policy.
- You can view the details of the policy and ask for a quote for the policy.
- If you are happy with what you see on the screen, fill in the mandatory details and continue with payment.
- On completion of the payment, the insurer will email you a digital copy of the policy to the registered email id.
Essentials to Buy General Insurance Online?
Essentials to buy general insurance online would largely depend on the type of policy that you are interested in. A health insurance plan is one of the most popular general insurance plans available for purchase.
Before you go ahead and pay the premium for a health insurance plan, it is important to look into:
- The features and benefits being offered and the premium prices for the same as well.
- The availability of hospitals as a part of the network hospital list.
- Major exclusions of the policy, so that you do not get a shock or unpleasant surprise during the claims process.
- Look for a policy with higher flexibility when it comes to room rent or no cap for room rent.
- Most importantly, compare different health plans on Coverfox.com to ensure that you get a plan that is both feature rich and affordable.
How is Online General Insurance Better than Offline?
The following are some of the most prominent benefits of buying a general insurance plan online.
- You get the convenience of buying anywhere and at any point in time.
- The lack of intermediaries ensures that you pay a slightly lower premium for online plans as compared to offline ones.
- For an online plan, you do not have to speak with any agents or representatives, ensuring you have an unbiased approach.
- Since you do a good enough amount of research before buying, you are aware of the policy which will aid you in the longer run.
There are various general insurance policies for different needs and usages. You can pick up one or more of them depending on your needs.